< home
< back
 Infobank Judengassse Frankfurt am Main
 Houses  Persons  Families  Professions  Events  Terminology

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Blume

Width at front: c. 5.40 metres

The Blume was built in 1558 by Jacob von Minden. Almost all his descendants lived in the house and they took the house name as their family name.
With its frontal width of 5.40 metres the house was a very large one for the Judengasse. Its occupants included members of the famous Oppenheim family. For a long time it also housed doctors: The doctor Zalmann Bingen lived and worked here in the mid17th century, and both his father and his son were also doctors. Zahlmann himself married the daughter of the famous Jewish doctor Delmedigo.
In the great fires in the Judengasse in 1711, 1721 and 1796 the house was destroyed three times. It was rebuilt after the first two fires, but after the 1796 fire it was decided to redevelop the entire northern end of the Judengasse on spacious lines, in the course of which the house disappeared finally.


© Jüd. Museum Frankfurt 1992-2002 /  Sources