Width at front: Lindwurm, c. 4 metres
Width at front: Drache, c. 9.40 metres
The house Lindwurm and its rear building Drache were built in 1592. They formed a unit at the time of the creation of the Judengasse.
The builders of the two houses came from the neighbouring Knoblauch. Some of them took the new house names as family names. The Drach family in particular was closely associated with the Drach.
The two houses were very large for the Judengasse, particularly the Drache with its frontal width of c. 9.40 metres. As the number of inhabitants in both houses was also relatively small at times fewer than ten in each the dwellings were more spacious than elsewhere in the crowded Judengasse.
Some of the occupants were very prosperous. Around 1700 there was one family here whose fortune was so great that it was able to live from the interest income. Another family which traded on a large scale was able to keep a cook, a maid and a manservant. Moneychangers and moneylenders also lived here. Besides the business families both houses also had occupants involved in educational and religious activities. Besides a schoolmaster there was also a man described as collecting the citrus fruits used at the Jewish festival of sukkot (Tabernacles).
In the great fires in the Judengasse in 1711, 1721 and 1796 the house was destroyed three times. It was rebuilt after the first two fires, but after the 1796 fire it was decided to redevelop the entire northern end of the Judengasse on spacious lines, in the course of which the house disappeared finally.