Width at front: c. 2 metres
The Windmühl was built around 1600. With its frontal width of only c. 2 metres it was one of the smaller houses in the Judengasse. For around two centuries it was occupied almost entirely by a single family, which had taken house name Windmühl as its family name. the Windmühls were clothes dealers and secondhand dealers. They were probably members of the middle class in the Judengasse.
In the great fire in the Judengasse in 1711 the house was destroyed and subsequently rebuilt. After the emancipation of the Jews it was taken over by the city in 1843 for later demolition.