Width at front: c. 3.3 metres
The front building Weißer Becher and the rear building Heppe originally belonged to a complex of four houses, including the neighbouring Korb und Wanne (front building) and Blasebalg (rear building). These four houses were always regarded as separate units for tax purposes until the house numbering in 1761 when the Weißer Becher and Heppe were combined as a unit for tax and assigned the house number 56.
The rear building Heppe was built in 1556 for the schoolmaster Jakob from Prague. He was the father of the great teacher Akiba Frankfurter and the founder of the Flesch family, which moved into the Flasche and took their name from it. The Heppe belonged to the Jewish community.
The front building Weißer Becher was built in 1573 by Jakob Deutz from the Kranich. The first occupant of the
Weißer Becher was Menke, who came from Mainz. Like its neighbour the Korb und Wanne the Weißer Becher was occupied entirely by the prominent GoldschmidtHameln family, whose members were moneylenders.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1879 the city took it over for demolition.