Width at front: c. 3 metres
The Goldener Helm was split off around 1584 from the neighbouring Gans and consisted of a front and rear building.
Occupants included members of the Gans family from the neighbouring house and members of the Wohl family. Their descendants lived in the house for over 200 years and were often active as moneychangers and moneylenders.
At the end of the 17th century four families lived in the two houses, although only two families had right of residence in Frankfurt and the others were foreigners. One of the Frankfurt families dealt in linen, the other was a rabbi's family. The father of one of the foreign families was a night watchman, and his 15yearold son was a minstrel. The other family came from Heußenstamm and had been in Frankfurt unofficially for two years. The husband made a living among other things by supplying the eltrogim or citrus fruits for the feast of sukkot.
Several years later there were four families documented, none of them foreigners. They dealt in old books and everyday articles, one father was a student, and another is still a night watchman. It is likely that the foreigners had been given right of residence in Frankfurt.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1863 the city took it over for demolition in 1869.