Width at front: c. 2.5 metres
The Wilde Ente was built around 1540 as the Ente to house the shames on a plot belonging to the neighbouring Silberne Kanne. As the official lodging of a junior community employee it was a modest building. From 1573 the house was known as the Wilde Ente to distinguish it from the Goldene Ente, which had since been erected.
In 1596 the Wilde Ente was extended to form the rear building Tannenbaum. Shortly afterwards, it was merged with this.
The front building was occupied for over two hundred years by a branch of the Schames family, which handed down the occupation of shames or community servant, from father to son. At the start of the 17th century the rear building was occupied by the doctor Schlomm zum Tannenbaum, who married into the house. His son, Jizchak zum Salmen, also practised as a Jewish doctor in Frankfurt. Generally, the two houses were occupied by poor families, for example a minstrel, a night watchman, and several people without a regular trade.
At the time of name registration in 1812, all those whose family home was the Tannenbaum were registered under the family name Dann.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. Around 1843/46 the city took it over for demolition.