Width at front: c. 3.3 metres
The Steg, also known as Steeg or Stiege, was built around 1560. It got its name because it replaced a steep path and steps which led down to the bed of the driedup city moat. Its frontal width of c. 3.30 metres made it one of the narrower houses in the Judengasse. Around 1600 a rear building named Schwindelstege was added.
The first occupant of the house was Beifuß, the son of Kalman, who came from the Haus an der Pforte at the Judengasse exit opposite.
In the 17th century one occupant was Mosche Ben Schmuel Gelnhausen. His son Abraham and two other Jews with right of residence were expelled from the city in 1693/95 for theft. The visitation list for 1694 shows the house as unoccupied, possibly in connection with the sentence.
In the following years the house was occupied again, for example in 1709 by the Oppenheimer and Goldschmidt families, who worked inter alia as moneylenders and moneychangers.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1863 the city took it over for demolition.