Width at front: c. 5.4 metres
The Goldener Löwe was built by Manes Mainz in 1550 at the southern end of the Judengasse on the east side of the street. It was originally a very large property, perhaps the largest in the Judengasse.
Around 1600 the house was torn down and the entire southern end of the Judengasse was remodelled. The Goldener Löwe was turned into two front buildings and five rear buildings, each of which had its own name. to reach the rear buildings a side alley was created at this point in the Judengasse, known as the Neugasse.
Part of the newlybuilt Goldener Löwe prejected beyond the gate at the south end of the Judengasse, but the house was still only accessible from within the Judengasse. With its frontal width of almost 5.5metres it was one of the largest houses in the Judengasse.
The occupants were mostly members of the lower class. As the house was directly opposite the abattoir, it was used particularly by butchers as a residence. The occupants also included night watchmen, dealers in food and textiles and dealers in fur.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1879 the city took it over for demolition in 1887.