< home
< back
 Infobank Judengassse Frankfurt am Main
 Houses  Persons  Families  Professions  Events  Terminology

 
 
 
 
 

Goldener Affe

Width at front: c. 2.4 metres

The Goldener Affe was built around 1600. It was constructed when the Goldener Löwe was torn down and replaced by a total of seven new houses. The Goldener Affe stood on the corner of the entrance to the newlycreated Neugasse, and was the second front building with the newlybuilt Goldener Löwe. The other five houses were all rear buildings.
The occupants belonged to the lower class, and little is known about them. In the 18th century there were two apartments in the house where members of the Zons family lived.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1860 the city took it over for demolition in 1884.


© Jüd. Museum Frankfurt 1992-2002 /  Sources