Width at front: c. 4.20 metres
The Hirschhorn was built in 1556 as a front building on the existing Elefant. The house was initially occupied by members of the Oppenheimer family, who took their name Hirschhorn from the house.
At the end of the 17th century there were three families living in the house. Two of them dealt in material and hides. From the mid18th century the occupants included members of the Strauß family.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1843 the city took it over for demolition.