Width at front: c. 3.15 metres
The Widder ("ram"), also known as Schaf ("sheep") or Bock ("billy goat"), was built in 1513 for Isaac and Meyer Epstein, the sons of Gumprecht from the Wolf opposite. Even before moving into the house Isaac was sentenced in 1508 for slander. Two years later his books were confiscated by Johannes Pfefferkorn in the disputes over the Talmud.
In 1590 the Widder was subdivided to create a neighbouring house, the Roter Widder. It was at this time that the name was changed to Weißer Widder
At the end of the 17th century the house was occupied by a family whose occupation is not known. Fifteen years later there were three families with a total of seven children and three maids living in the house. The heads of the families were a schoolmaster and a small moneychanger, and one is described as poor. The house was typical of a number of houses occupied by the poorer classes, particularly in the southern part of the Judengasse.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1882 it became one of the last houses taken over by the city for demolition.
In 1987 the foundations of the Weißer Widder were excavated and restored. They can be seen here in the museum.