Width at front: c. 2.8 metres
The Roter Widder was created in 1590 by subdivision from its neighbour, the Weißer Widder.
The sources show that there were two families living in the house in 1694. One sold bread, cheese and tobacco. The other came from Fulda, and had been living in the city for three years although they were still classed as foreigners.
One year earlier Elias Moses of the Roten Widder, who was probably a son of the family although he had right of residence, was expelled from the city for theft.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1860 the city took it over for demolition.
In 1987 the foundations of the Roter Widder were excavated and restored. They can be seen here in the museum.