Width at front: c. 6.8 metres
The Warmes Bad was built in 1611 as a dwelling with a frontal width of almost 7 metres. This made it one of the largest houses in the Judengasse. At the front stood one of the four public wells in the Judengasse, which has been preserved.
The first occupants of the house were the wealthy Moses Neugaß and his family.
From 1680 the house served as a yeshiva, called Klause. It housed a synagogue and a room for studying the Talmud. This had been donated by the Darmstadt court factor and Jewish philanthropist Manasse Darmstädter. The house also contained an apartment for the yeshiva rabbi. The first yeshiva rabbis were also state rabbis for Hessen-Darmstadt. From 1685-1717/19 the yeshiva rabbi Samuel Schotten lived here followed in 1717-1761 by his successor rabbi Moses Kann. In the 19th century the yeshiva rabbis came from the Posen family.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1863 the city took it over for demolition.
In 1987 the foundations of the Warmes Bad were excavated and restored. They can be seen here in the museum.