Width at front: c. 3.6 metres
The Trommel was built around 1600. It was split off from its neighbour when the Storch was extended.
In the 17th century the Trommel was occupied by members of the Oppenheimer family, such as the wealthy Leser Oppenheim zur Trumm, who died in 1647. After Hirz Gans moved into the Trommel in 1635 the house became the family home for two centuries of a branch of the Gans family. In 1847 the last descendant of the family, Gabriel Nathan Gans, died here.
In 1694 there were two households in the house, a couple and their married son. The father held office as "master builder" in the Jewish community, and his son dealt in the luxury articles buttons and "laces" (ribbons). Fifteen years later there were three families living in the house. Around 1800 Israel Elias Reiß moved in after his marriage to the daughter of the wealthy cloth dealer Halle.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1879 the city took it over for demolition.