The Weißes Schild was built around 1599. It stood on a site where previously the Schwarzes Schild and Weißes Schild had stood. This new building took over the name of the demolished Weißes Schild.
The occupants of the house included a branch of the Landau family. They also called themselves Maas or Mais and before 1640 they were called Weisschild after the house. From 1580 onwards Salomon Landau had lived first in the old Weißes Schild and then in the new one. In 1610 he was one of the highest tax payers among the Jews and held office as "master builder" in the Jewish community. His two sons also ranked among the highest tax payers after 1630.
At the end of the 17th century two families lived here who apparently were no longer so prosperous: the head of one family worked as a broker arranging trading deals, the other sold bread. Several years later a family was living in the house which dealt in silver as well as a widow explicitly described as "poor".
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1864 the city took over the house for demolition.