Width at front: c. 3 metres
The Goldener Bär was split off around 1595 from the neighbouring Goldene Krone by the wealthy Beer Haas. He was a member of the Haas family, one of the most important and wealthiest families in the Judengasse. He was a soninlaw of Joseph Oppenheimer at the Weißer Löwe.
Like his brother Samuel Haas in the neighbouring Goldene Krone, Beer Haas had also been one of the highest tax payers since 1610. His son Samuel Haas III also lived here and died in 1657 as a "master builder". He was married four times in all and had seven children. In 1644 he paid the highest house tax of 32 guilders.
Other occupants included members of the Beer and Kann families, and later of the Drach family.
In 1694 there was a family living here dealing in jewels. The recently married daughter and her husband were still living with the parents. Nine years later their occupation was given as moneylending and banking. In 1709 there were two families living in the house.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1883 the city took it over for demolition.