Width at front: c. 3.3 metres
The Goldene Krone was built at the beginning of the 16th century and was originally called the Krone, because its builder Salman had moved to Frankfurt from Kronberg. Around 1590 the house was subdivided and the neighbouring house was given the name Goldener Bär.
The Goldene Krone was inhabited by some of the richest and most respected families in the Judengasse: branches of the Haas, Kann and Oppenheimer families. This is why the sources refer to it as "one of the best houses" in the Judengasse. At the end of the 16th century one occupant was Samuel Haas, who together with his brother Beer was one of the highest tax payers in the Jewish Community in 1590. He was a "master builder" in the community and died in 1620.
In the same period the second apartment was occupied by the family of Samuel, the founder of the Kann family, who died in 1571. He was regarded as the richest Jew of his day.
At the end of the 17th century the occupants dealt in linen, thread and cheese. Around 1700 there was a small shop in the house.
At the end of the 18th century a branch of the Oppenheimer lived here who were active in the jewellery business.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1870 the city took over the house for demolition.