Width at front: c. 4.6 metres
The Wetterhahn consisted of two front buildings and one rear building. These were separated from the front building (the Engel) in 1597. As the houses paid only one lot of house tax, they were given a single name and two house numbers in the house numbering in 1761. The house sign showed a weathercock.
For over two centuries members of the Wetterhahn family (named after the house) lived here. This may have been a branch of the Worms family, who lived in the neighbouring Engel. The typical forenames of family members were Lehmann and Josua or Jische. All subsequent members of the family were descendants of Lehmann Wetterhahn, who died in 1677 and his son Isai, who died in 1691.
In the 18th and 19th centuries the houses were also occupied by the Baß, Flesch and Landau families. The Baß family came to Frankfurt in 1644 with the rabbi Mendel Baß from Cracow. It was one of the few families in the Judengasse that came from Poland. In the 18th century the rabbi Mendel Isaac Baß lived in the Wetterhahn. He died in 1796. One of the occupants in 1694 was a widow who lived by sewing for others and by trade. For over two years a family with two children had been living in the house who had come from Worms and were still classed as foreigners. In another part of the house there were two families: one was headed by a baker, the other by a minstrel, who was helped by his son, also a minstrel.
Thirty years later Haim Wetterhahn died in the house. He was a member of an association of "guardians of the dawn", the shomre haboker, whose function was to ensure that the minyan, the prescribed ten men, were present for the early service in the synagogue.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1883 the city took it over for demolition.