Width at front: c. 2 metres
The Wilder Mann was subdivided in 1592 from the Schwarzer Bär. The name is derived from the house sign, which showed a naked wild man with a club.
In 1607 Elias from Öttingen, a county seat in north Swabia, acquired right of residence through his marriage to Gütle, the daughter of Josef Wertheim at the Wilden Mann, and moved into the house. Later, the family called itself Schuster or Ettingen. Elias was married four times in all and left two sons, Meier Etingen and Jakob. Jakob moved from the Wilder Mann to the Scheuer. He held office as a "master builder" in the Jewish community and was "highly respected".
At the end of the 17th century there were two families living in the house, one Frankfurt family and a foreign family. One of the heads of the families worked as a baker and dealt in scrap iron. The foreign family had come from Worms and comprised a schoolmaster, his wife and one child. They had already been living in Frankfurt for two years at that time.
Nine years later there were still two families living in the house. One was living only from dealing in scrap iron and had given up the bakery. The second family was being maintained by the first family.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1884 the city took it over for demolition.