Width at front: c. 3.1 metres
The Goldene Arche appears as a separate entity after around 1660. It was created by subdivision of the neighbour Sichel with a partition wall.
Around 1700 the house was occupied by Löb Deutz. He is known to have supplied provisions for the imperial army on a very large scale. In 1677 he undertook to deliver almost 700 tons of grain and flour to his fatherinlaw, the future imperial court factor Samuel Wolf Oppenheimer from Heidelberg, within only a few weeks. At the same time he undertook to deliver half as much grain to another associate. Prefinancing this major deal was not easy: Löb was unable to manage it alone, and formed a type of consortium with Moses Haas at the Goldenen Haas and the Christian merchant Reuß. To supply this huge quantity of grain and flour on time he had the four city mills and the three Frankfurt village mills work day and night. Even so, he was unable to meet the delivery date, and probably had to pay contractual damages.
Löb Deutz probably did not make too much profit in his dealings. His descendents were not particularly wealthy dealers.
The Goldene Arche, where he lived, was also occupied by other families, for example the Schiff family, a wealthy family of importance in Frankfurt which operated a ribbon and button business there.
In the great fire in the Judengasse in 1711 the house was destroyed and subsequently rebuilt. After the emancipation of the Jews it was taken over by the city in 1879 for later demolition.