< home
< back
 Infobank Judengassse Frankfurt am Main
 Houses  Persons  Families  Professions  Events  Terminology

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Drei Römer

Width at front: c. 2.15 metres

The Drei Römer was built around 1600, when the Goldener Löwe was demolished and replaced by a total of seven new buildings (two front buildings and five rear buildings). The Drei Römer was the fourth of the five rear buildings in the Neugasse, which was a small side alley branching off the southern end of the Judengasse.
The house sign showed three drinking vessels shaped like the traditional Frankfurt Römer wineglass.
In the 17th century the occupants included members of the Friedberg family. In 1703 the house was occupied by a schoolmaster and a nurse with their families.
The house was destroyed in the fire of 1711 but soon rebuilt. In 1884 the city took it over for demolition.


© Jüd. Museum Frankfurt 1992-2002 /  Sources